Careers in Psychology
This article is for those people who are fighting their dilemma as to whether their career option as being a psychologist would pay off or for those who are still undecided as to what to do with their future. Small word of advice to those who are yet to decide would be, the career option might seem like a golden opportunity but it is of utmost importance that you actually like the subject you are studying. We often make this mistake and end up being a failure. Anyway, moving on with the topic in hand, there are a wide stretch of careers in psychology, and here is the list.
- Psychiatrist : A psychiatrist is not the person who treats the people with abnormalities of the brain or in short, they do not treat just the nut-heads. The psychiatrist has a wide range of work that may vary from curing people with certain abnormalities to working with completely sane person who s having some issues or needs to clear out things in his head. So, the average salary can be said to be about $167,610 per year.
- Industrial-organizational Psychologist : A workplace has the most intense atmosphere around. There are about a million things going around the head of each employee and then the added pressure of their personal issues, which can be a bit of a burden. Now the Industrial-organizational Psychologist works to get the load off of the employees and make sure that his productivity in the work is increased and there is no reason for him to take along the extra burden, which was affecting his work. The average salary can be around $97,820 per year.
- Neuropsychologist : A neuropsychologist works with the brain. Studies the brain and its cognitive science. He can work for a university or do his own research, by scanning the brains, running their own tests and study the way, the drugs work on the brain and so on. The average salary of a neuropsychologist is around $90,460 per year.
- Clinical Psychologist : Clinical psychologist asses the way the troubled brains work and how to cure these people with such trouble. This field of work is the most desired for the psychology students. Clinical Psychologists are not just restricted to any one setting but they can work as an individual themselves or work in a mental health point or in hospitals. It up to them to desire. The average salary being $72,540 per year.
- Counseling Psychologists : The counseling psychologists are those who provide men with somewhat of a sane identity with psychotherapy. There are many problems in a person’s life and the psychologists provide them with the solutions or at least they listen to them. The most important thing to do for a counseling psychologist is to pay attention and hear every word that their client is telling them, because most of the people feel relaxed when they let go of the things they are holding on to. So now that their work is half done, they just finally suggest them some possible solution to the problems. The average salary of counseling psychologists is around $72,540 per year as well.